HelpAge USA advances the well-being and inclusion of older people around the world through research, advocacy, and programs. We work in the U.S. and with our global network partners in 85 countries to improve lives in the world’s poorest communities. Our goal is to ensure that the contributions of all older people are recognized and that they have the right to a healthy, safe, and secure life.
We are seeking to fill multiple Board seats and welcome applications from individuals with experience in public relations, marketing & communications, or journalism, fundraising, and law.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Determine the organization’s mission, values, and strategic goals and approve annual plans.
- Represent HelpAge USA to stakeholders and act as an ambassador and advocate for the organization
- Approve HelpAge USA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Commit to serving at least one two-year term. Participate in 4-6 Board meetings annually, each of duration 1-2 hours.
- Serve on at least one committee (e.g., finance, governance, development) and be open to special assignments or leadership roles.
- Fundraising – HelpAge USA Board Members will consider HelpAge a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that HelpAge USA can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, we expect to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- We are especially interested in passionate and committed board members who have experience in philanthropy/fundraising, marketing communications, or public relations, legal experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of HelpAge USA’s beneficiaries
- Located anywhere in the USA
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a thoughtful cover letter to our Communications and Administrative Manager, Paige Duskie, at email@example.com. Your CV should include 2 references.